Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Under the Tucson Sun

I just returned from a much needed vacation. I went to Tucson with my family. We stayed in a sweet resort! The bad thing is that Dave couldn't come. That darn work always gets in the way. :) When you are planning a vacation with little kids there are so many things to think about. Cribs, high chairs, car seats just to name a few, You all probably know the drill already. I just kept thinking of more things that I needed to worry about. Luckily my mom did most of the arranging. We left on St. Pa tricks Day. The flight was only an hour, but I was worried about how the girls would handle it. I had heard a few horror stories from my sister who has become a frequent flier since moving to the frozen tundra that is Wisconsin. But fortunately, they were champs! Kate slept the whole time on my mom's lap, and Leah played and ate snacks with me. There was not even any fussing. I wish they were that good in church. (haha) As soon as we arrived at the hotel the relaxing began for me. The weather was perfect, 80 to 90 degrees. A cool dip in the pool was just what I needed. Linds and I enjoyed lounging by the pool while the kiddos slept. The resort had a mini water park, with a splash pool, waterfall and slide. We had a little back yard where bunnies and Quail came right up to the back door. The girls squealed with delight every time we saw another bunny. They learned that word fast! We went to the Sonoran Desert Museum, which is like a Zoo, but 10 times better. The animals are in their natural environment. The whole park was out in the Sonoran Desert. The trail was awesome. We also went hiking, shopping, celebrated my mom's B-day at an amazing restaurant, went to another zoo, and just enjoyed ourselves. Kate and Leah loved hanging out with their cousin Sean who is 6 months younger than them. After we got back, Grandma or gaga, as Kate and Leah call her, asked them where Sean was. They went through the whole house calling his name and looking for him. It was adorable. I miss my sister soooo much. I don't see her nearly enough. I am grateful for the great memories and the fabulous time I had under the Tucson Sun. My parents made it all possible.

No comments: